The floor in your home is important. It’s the foundation of your house and is also the first thing you see when you walk in the door. You will want something that will withstand the test of time, but you don’t want to spend a fortune on it.
SmartCore Ultra Flooring is a revolutionary new product that combines the durability and beauty of natural hardwood with the convenience of vinyl. It offers more practical, cost-saving solutions for more applications than any other flooring on the market today. It's time to look at some of these unique features and learn what makes this product so special!
In this SmartCore Ultra flooring review, we’ll tell you everything about the product so you can see if it's the right choice for you!
SmartCore Ultra Overview and Features
The Smartcore Ultra LVP is considered a WPC flooring choice, abbreviated for wood with a polymer core. It is made up of a combination of wood fibers and polymer polymers and tends to be softer than other flooring options.
It is offered in various colors and around fourteen distinct patterns, including wood and stone appearance types. For stone, it includes warm tan travertine, dark gray slate, and creamy sandstone choices. While Canberra Acacia, Stillwater Oak, Rustic Hickory, Pine, and others for the wood appearance.
SmartCore Ultra flooring also features a durable top layer and a 12 mil protective wear layer to avoid stains and markings. It is available in a range of plank widths and tiles measuring 12″x24″ and a thickness of 7.5 mm.
Pros and Cons of SmartCore Ultra Flooring
With the increasing demand for low-maintenance and cost-efficient floors, SmartCore Ultra flooring offers homeowners many benefits and downsides that can be used as trade-offs.
Take a look at this list to discover the advantages of installing a SmartCore Ultra flooring in your home.
- Waterproof: SmartCore Ultra flooring is designed to be waterproof, so they do not swell when exposed to water. You can use this flooring in spaces that tend to absorb more moisture, such as kitchens or bathrooms, without warping when wet.
- Durable: It may last for eight years or more with proper care.
- Ease of installation: SmartCore Ultra is easy to install and can be done by DIY installers.
- Wide variety of styles: With its several types, you can choose a wood or stone appearance that will perfectly suit your home aesthetically.
- Environmental Friendly: Smartcore is also an environmentally beneficial alternative for those looking to develop a green economy.
SmartCore Ultra flooring is not perfect, and it has few drawbacks that you should note before choosing the flooring for your house.
- Not tolerant of heavy scratches.
- The price is higher than that of equivalent flooring.
How Much Will SmartCore Ultra Flooring Cost
Cartons of Smartcore Ultra premium vinyl plank flooring are available, and they may cover an area ranging from 15 to 28 square feet. SmartCore Ultra flooring is only available at Lowes and costs $3 – $4 per square foot.
Overall, when compared to the rest of the vinyl flooring industry, Smartcore Ultra flooring offers a reasonable pricing point. Plus, its ease of installation saves you a lot of money from hiring an expert.
How to Install SmartCore Ultra Flooring
Smartcore is classified as easy to install and maybe put either by floating or by gluing. The floating floor approach is recommended for installations in basements or below-grade levels; however, in areas subjected to direct sunlight for extended periods, SmartCore should be put using the glue-down method. Generally, here are the steps to install this type of flooring.
- Prepare the materials: Prepare all of the tools you'll need for the job, such as a pencil, saw, rubber mallet, tape measure, spacers, and other devices.
- Layout the tiles or planks: You can arrange the tiles, planks, or boards on the floor as desired to create a pattern. It is also important to determine how you will place the planks to avoid mistakes while installing them.
- Install them: Install the vinyl flooring using the desired method. If you prefer the floating approach, the flooring has an interlocking feature that you may use. Otherwise, glue it down and ensure that the tiles or planks are securely fastened.
How to Maintain SmartCore Ultra Flooring
Keeping up with your flooring care will keep your Smartcore Ultra flooring look wonderful for many years to come. Even if something goes wrong with your Smartcore Ultra flooring, you may use the available 5-year warranty when used for commercial purposes.
Nonetheless, the SmartCore Ultra flooring could last for 8 to 12 years or even longer when properly maintained. It is also simple to keep your Smartcore Ultra vinyl flooring. Here’s how.
- Sweep it regularly: You only need a vacuum or broom to keep the dust and dirt off of your flooring.
- Keep away from direct sunlight: No matter what type of vinyl flooring you choose, you should keep it as far away from direct sunlight as possible.
- Use floor coverings under your furniture: Place floor coverings beneath hard tables to help avoid scuff marks.
- Deep clean your flooring: If your flooring needs a deeper clean, you may use a mop with mild soap because strong chemicals might damage the flooring's structure.
Is SmartCore Ultra Flooring For You or Not
The SmartCore Ultra vinyl plank flooring is above average but not nearly premium. It is the ideal floating floor for anybody looking for long-lasting and affordable vinyl plank flooring for their house. There isn't much to dislike with its warranty, wide variety of designs, and completely waterproof construction. You’ll get good value from the mix of greater quality and cheaper cost.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to some of the frequently asked questions about SmartCore Ultra Flooring.
What Is The Difference Between SmartCore Pro and SmartCore Ultra?
SmartCore Pro and SmartCore Ultra differ in the material used for the core of each flooring. SmartCore Ultra is made of WPC or Wood flour, which adds some bounce to the floor and makes it softer like an actual hardwood species. While the SmartCore Pro has a Stone-Plastic Composite core that uses limestone powder, making it less shock-absorbing and noisier.
Can SmartCore Ultra Be Glued Down?
As mentioned, one way to install the SmartCore Ultra flooring is by gluing it on the hard floor surface.
Does SmartCore Flooring Need to Acclimate?
Smartcore Ultra flooring does not need to be acclimated before installation, which means that as soon as your subfloor is complete, you may begin laying down all of your boards. Its producers recommend placing it in a specified climatic range with 55 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit temperatures.