When looking for a masonry cleaner, there are many options out there for you to choose from. One of the most popular choices is muriatic acid, but is it really the best choice?
Every time you clean a surface with muriatic acid, you’re exposing yourself to a dangerous chemical. Fortunately, Sure Klean 600 is a masonry cleaner that works better than muriatic acid. Prosoco’s no. 1 masonry cleaner will keep your concrete and masonry streak-free and look brand new.
You may be wondering: “What are the benefits of using Sure Klean 600, and why should I use it instead of muriatic acid?” There are many things that make Sure Klean 600 better than muriatic acid. Read on to learn more!
What’s Sure Klean 600 Good For?
Sure Klean 600 is an acidic cleaner that can be used on masonry, tile, and cement. Prosoco’s masonry cleaner efficiently eliminates smears of mortar and construction debris, leaving the brick clear with no acid burning or staining marks.
Application of Sure Klean 600
Sure Klean 600 can be used to clean mortar, sandstone, slate, concrete blocks, fired clay, marble, travertine, limestone, and granite.
Advantages of Sure Klean 600
- A better alternative to muriatic acid in terms of safety. Sure Klean is a specifically formulated cleaner that quickly removes mortar stains and construction grime without hurting masonry’s porous membrane.
- Effortlessly removes efflorescence. Whether you’re working with bricks, fresh concrete, or stones, Sure Klean 600 can remove stains from your materials.
- Easy to use. Simply make a 4:12 ratio of clean water to one part concentrated solution and apply it to the surface. No need for special equipments to mix the solution and apply it.
- The cleaning process is quick. You don’t have to wait for hours just to let the masonry cleaner work. After applying the substance, leave the surface for 5 minutes or less and rinse it with cold water.
- Eliminates streaking. Sure Klean’s special agents allow larger brick walls to be cleaned at once, which reduces the tendency of streaking.
- Retains the brick colors. Unlike muriatic acid, Prosoco’s specialized cleaner for new masonry is safe for brick. You won’t have to worry about your freshly painted bricks crumbling or discoloring when using Sure Klean 600.
What’s Muriatic Acid?
Muriatic acid is a powerful acid that can be used to clean, etch, and remove rust. Muriatic acid is usually diluted with water before use, but it is also frequently used undiluted. Most commonly, muriatic acid is used to clean masonry surfaces such as brick and concrete.
What Is Muriatic Acid Good For?
Muriatic acid is useful in cleaning masonry because it has a high concentration of hydrogen ions attracted to the masonry material’s surface. The hydrogen ions dissolve into the pores of the material, effectively “etching” away from any dirt or grime that has built up there over time.
Application of Muriatic Acid
Muriatic acid can be used for many different applications, including: cleaning brick walls, concrete floors, patios, and decks; removing rust from tools or equipment; removing paint from metal surfaces such as cars; or even removing grease from kitchen cabinets.
When Using Muriatic Acid, Keep In Mind:
When you use muriatic acid to clean materials and surfaces, there are some disadvantages that you should be aware of.
- Muriatic acid is hazardous. You should always wear protective gloves and eye protection when working with muriatic acid and prevent skin contact with the acid. Note that muriatic acid can make breathing difficult if you get too close to the fumes.
- The acid can remove the color from your items. If you plan to use muriatic acid for cleaning purposes, make sure to test a small area first to ensure that the color won’t be affected.
- Muriatic acid can damage certain materials. If used incorrectly or for too long, the acid can penetrate the material’s inner structure.
- Muriatic acid removes the color from the materials. The acid is strong enough to bleach your bricks and destroy the paint on wood, concrete, and even marble. Hence, using muriatic acid to clean an object with a painted surface such as furniture will remove the paint but not the dirt beneath it if misused.
Suppose you’re planning on using muriatic acid to clean your marble countertops or other items. In that case, you’ll want to test it first to ensure it won’t ruin the color of your material or surface before applying it widely throughout your home.
So Which Is Better, Sure Klean 600 or Muriatic Acid?
Sure Klean is a safer, more effective alternative to muriatic acid for cleaning masonry surfaces. Prosoco’s masonry cleaner is specially formulated to remove efflorescence from new masonry surfaces like brick, new concrete, and new stone construction. Sure Klean is easy to apply and has a fast cleaning process that eliminates streaking.
As you may know, muriatic acid is often used for cleaning brick and other masonry surfaces because it’s so effective at removing efflorescence. However, the problem with muriatic acid is that it can damage the brick’s color and leave the surface streaked. Sure Klean will not harm the color of your bricks while still effectively removing efflorescence, which means you can keep your brick looking new.
Sure Klean proprietary cleaner for new masonry is a great choice for cleaning your brick. Unlike muriatic acid, which can be quite harsh on brick and other masonry, Sure Klean is more effective and will not damage your bricks.